Our Lady of Guadalupe Church
This historic church was originally built in 1897 at the present site of Our Lady of Sorrows Church. It was relocated to the present location is 1925 and had stood as is until our construction project.
Because of the historic designation of this building, we demolished the entire structure except for the front vestibule (15’) and built an entire new building behind the still standing vestibule. All historical aspects of the church, including wood trim details, crown moldings, doors, and windows were recreated both inside and out.
During construction, numerous items were added and upgraded. The building was lowered by one foot during the earthwork and foundations to allow for more interior volume and taller doors and windows. A beautiful 35 foot diameter dome ceiling was added. Custom stonework and woodwork was done for the Altar. Dozens of mock-ups were done for all finish work to be certain that the historic value of the church was maintained.